Less than 24 hours after registering at the DMV and she’s got slicks and race numbers on her.
I blacked out the grille and gills. The boys at PAD gave it thorough cleaning.
Class legal modifications include headers (with a cat 6″ downstream), shark injectors, pulleys and an intake tube.
Oh, and some Moton Club $ports.
One last photo before surgery.
The headers went in with some work. You have to remove about 1/4 of the engine bay to access all 18 bolts holding on the factory header. Then, you have to remove all of the factory studs and replace them with the aftermarket studs. Finally, you have to jack the car up and insert both headers simultaneously from a vertical angle. I’m telling you this because it took me about 3 weeks to figure all of this out. BUT – the eBay fitment was perfect and HOLY COW does this car rip with the headers and tune.
Installing the shocks was not difficult. Routing the remote reservoirs was a little more work. For the fronts, I removed the fender liners and snaked the reservoirs up into the engine bay, mounting them to the radiator shroud with zip ties, because I’m classy like that.
Mounting the rear reservoirs required full removal of the bumper. There are plastic vents that I removed and made small cuts to allow the hoses to fit through. I mounted the reservoirs to the trunk brackets – with zip ties of course.
The Ground Control bars were a bit of work as well, but they are so fancy and so adjustable.
With the factory 19×8/19×9.5 wheels and 26″ diameter tires package, fitment was troublesome. With my race setup 18×10 front and rear with 25″ diameter tires, fitment was a little better, especially once I learned how to do an alignment in my garage and dialed in -3.5 degrees of camber in the front.
And now, she’s ready for battle.